Re: I am not sure any more...

@15: I wouldn't say. OOP isn't utility only, which you use for certain types of code, oop is a general philosophy, completely different insight to program and it's code. If you don't understand its four basics which I have listed, then you don't understand oop and can't write any reasonable code.
Plus you wouldn't even be able to understand basic libraries like gui libraries, all of them from those more popular use oop with every its aspect.

Also regarding mvc, just a fact that developers don't know or are lazy to use proper coding techniques, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.
Every application for normal use from web to desktop and mobile devices should contain AT LEAST two layers - controller and model, view is useful especially when you need some more complex output which is too robust to be implemented in controller directly.
This applies also for games, just search mvc in games with Google and you can get some ideas how to go on.
Of course it is possible to write a game without mvc. but the code is then very unreadable, because there is no object structure in your code and adding anything is horribly unefficient, because you first need to search million places, where you need to make changes.

But this isn't important for beginner, that's true. That's the reason why I said it just to prevent headaches. OOP techniques are necessary, because you need to understand program in other way, way of objects, which is more natural to humans. of course you need to have basics before it, that's no doubt, but from post 1 I guess those were already mastered, so it is time to move forward and learn what is programming really about.
it isn't that hard. With a great article like thisone:
https://www.ict.social/csharp/oop/intro … csharp-net
which is wrote for beginners, everyone can understand what is oop and why it is that important. Plus oop is more natural to us as I already mentioned, so i don't see any reason why beginner who already mastered basics should ignore it.
Especially in that strongly structured and object oriented language like python. if you don't understand objects, then you don't understand how python works, so how do you want to understand a library wrote in python?
This seems much more irrational to me than avoiding oop, because of what?
But of course, final decision is on programmer. He wrote, that he has problem understanding the language, what doesn't surprise me much, when I take in fact, that he has mastered already about a half only from its potential.

Another thing are learning resources. It might be worth checking, if his resources are teaching him correctly.
Itnetwork for example is a platform, where authors are publishing tutorials about programming languages and techniques, so people can learn programming and immediately work from there, it is a project to help the market in Czech republics by teaching new programmers. Nearly all articles are wrote by highly experienced experts who really work in industry and business, so they have high quality and things like oop or mvc are normal, because those are only way to write readable code. And in business, where you need to have 100% working code which you must be able to update in short time, you need a very readable code and object architecture, otherwise competitors will overrun your company and you will lose your work. big_smile

Sadly many articles on internet has no such quality, so there are many developers often with very strange techniques, what isn't fully their fault, because they have had no way to check if their resources were teaching them correct things or nonsenses.
For example, some html tutorials can teach you something like this:
<h1 align="center"><font color="#0a294b">This is a heading</font></h1>
What is ehm... bleah. I have read one tutorial teaching like this and now, when I know, how it should be really done, I see, that the tutorial was not only comfusing, but totally missed what html is and why it were invented. But in that time, i thought that it is okay, because I had no skills to see how strange it is.

Anyway, @ashleygrobler04: regardless of which way you choose, i wish you good luck and right practices in your toolbox, just in that case programming can be really funny and enjoyable. smile

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector