Re: I am not sure any more...

@Rastislav Kiss, it I think you only know about OOP paradigm, correct? It's totally understandable, I mean it's often the only one that's taught and no doubt it's the most used paradigm. It has a lot of advantages, but it's always important to know strengths and weaknesses of something. You see, nothing is perfect ans so is OOP. Here's a very good article showing the weaknesses of OOP and while I do not necessarily agree with everything that guy is saying, it's very well written with solid arguments: https://medium.com/@cscalfani/goodbye-o … cda4c0e53.

It's just to show you other opinions about OOP. I'm not saying OOP is bad, not at all, I'm saying that saying that OOP is one solution fits all is bad. It's just like saying plasters are good for all injuries. Sure, they will do great most of the time, but if you break an arm, you'll need something else. I'm sure you understand why people might prefer different languages and there is no harm if you say that you recommend OOP because of this and that, the problem is when you make it look like it's the only thing out there, please don't make the same mistakes as many teachers do.

You also mixed two things which I don't really like: the way OP writes code and the libs OP must read, use and understand.

Regarding how OP writes code is OP's business. When you start programming, you are not perfect the first time. You learn by making design mistakes, by realizing that the code you wrote is extremely painful to maintain, by realizing that if you knew you wanted this game feature in the first place, you should've structured the code in a different way. It's totally fine and as I said, the best code you can write for games is the one that makes your game progress the quickest.

Then, there's the part where OP needs to use libs and understand how they work. And for that, you are indeed totally right. If OP uses OOP libs, which all of them are really, then yes, OP needs to understand classes, how they work and how to use them. You don't need OOP to write your own code, it's not necessary, but you need it to read and use third party code, no doubt of that. But the skill required to read code is very different than writing code. I can understand most languages I don't know by reading a few source files, but it doesn't mean I can write code in that language. Likewise, I can read lib documentation and get running very quickly, but it doesn't mean I would be able to write that lib myself as quickly.