Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

Omer wasn't very helpful it's true, but to be honest, you probably should know these commands by now Darren, unless you are new to NVDA.

Some of this following info may be useful to other newbies and even longtime players as well, so I suggest that everyone at least skims it, because it took me a while to figure some of this stuff out.

First I'd make sure that your screen is set to the maximum resolution supported by the monitor. How you do this depends on your Windows version so I'll let you look that up, but usually you can just type something like display settings into start and find it pretty easily.
Keep in mind that if you do this and sighted people also use your computer, they may find it annoying as it will make text and icons look really small if you have a screen that's bigger than 1920x1200

Next you should open warsim, and type 3, hit enter, and type 3 again and hit enter again to turn of the music so you can hear your screen reader. Through this menu you can also use 2 to turn off ascii art and 6 to turn of animations, which I do suggest doing.
After that's done, hit alt space. Maximize the Window with the menu that comes up.
After that, you can switch to screen review mode and start using the NVDA text review commands, which since I don't know what kind of keyboard your using, you should look up through your NVDA menu, under help, commands quick reference. Just read through the reviewing text and review modes sections and you should be good to go.

Now if you want to get rid of the annoying symbol symbol symbol thing on starting up Warsim, you should add this following character (which should be silent) to your default punctuation dictionary and replace it with space or something:

I didn't think to do this until recently, but it's much less annoying now that I have! big_smile

For something a bit mroe advanced, that may help if your willing to play around with it a bit, hit alt space again and go into properties. Now navigate to the layout tab, and in the second set of boxes (the ones that say window size not the ones that say screen buffer size) you can mess with the values.
Now I believe the maximums here depend on yourm resolution, so since I have a 2K screen, my width is set to 285 and my height is set to 84. You'll know it's too high if when you save the settings, things can't be reviewed by NVDA any more.
The goal is to get it as high as possible before that starts happening.

That's basically all I got. If it doesn't work, I pretty much have no fuckin idea.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector