Re: what languages do you want to know?

My ethnic language is of Tai-kadai branch, Dai group, similar to Thai which is also from Tai-kadai branch but Tai group, both of southeastern Tai subgroup. It's more of a dialect which is not standard Thai most people know about. It's called Kham Mueng, in our native name, or as outsiders know it as "Lanna language". The subdialect of this language I speak is native to Lampang, my hometown, and a few other cities, which is not the standard Lanna dialect since the standard dialect is native to Chiang Mai and some cities nearby. Chiang Mai dialect is somewhat closer to standard Thai. My dialect is described as faster, rougher by those who try to learn it. Here's how it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBWn3fZakLk

(For those who can't see, this is an advertisement for the blooming mountain flowers of the year in a mountain village renowned for tea plantation. I had a chance to perform in this festival 11-12 years ago with a Lanna traditional musical band I was part of at that time. Beautiful stuff, one of our famous attractions besides horse carriages, ceramic making, elephant conservation center and countless temples.)

Here's how standard Lanna (Chiang Mai dialect) sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlTWn1xltD8

(For those who can't see, this is the advertisement for the northern style Songkran (called "Pi Mai Mueng) which is quite different from Central Thai style Songkran most tourists know of.)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Josh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pranam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fatih via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fatih via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindrobertbrown via Audiogames-reflector