Re: warning to NVDA users!

The addons I'm really bothered about here are the compatibility addons for programs such as Dropbox, winamp, VLc and the interactive fiction reader addon.

I'm afraid this strikes me as the sort of high handed behaviour companies like apple and microsoft are renowned for and continually get flack for, since from the perspective of an end user some nebulous nonsense about "security" and "computery wootery" doesn't seem to compensate for  breaking software that works perfectly well at the moment.

While I don't doubt the nvdA developers will come up with some good changes in the future, possibly based on this new architecture, at the same time, there should be a way for users to update existing addons they know are secure and which still work with NvdA anyway, especially those that involve program compatibility and are used on a daily basis.

Of course, I might be making a mountain out of a mole hill here, and its entirely possible the addons I use will just get updates anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector