The beginning of the end for jaws?

My brother works for RNIB in the UK. They've just started giving their blind employees laptops with win 10 and jaws, and there are some performance issues. They're currently increasing the RAM on these computers in the hopes this will help, but one of the IT guys told my brother they're starting to tell blind empoyees to get used to using narrator. Like any business, The RNIB is always looking to cut costs, and it seems to me they're banking on a future in which their blind workers can exclusively use narrator with Windows computers and Office. Given the fact macs and iphones are totally accessible using VoiceOver, how close do you think narrator is to this kind of usability? And when this happens, where does this leave jaws? NVDA is already seriously encroaching on its personal user sales, so if it loses the corporate/student stuff to narrator, how the hell could it stay afloat?