Re: Dream approaches to mainstream racing games

One thing we need to sort out right now is that Top Speed is not, and I repeat not in the slightest bit realistic. Now, I love that game, I still play it to this very day, I actually just got off a multiplayer racing session about a half hour ago. I have also played games like rFactor, Test Drive Unlimited and TDU2, a smattering of the Need For Speed titles all the way back to NFS 2, All Gran Turismo games up to IV, Twisted Metal II through IV, Nascar 99, Nascar simulator, one of the Nascar games around 2014 or so, One of the Formula 1 games, I can't remember which one, I think the one around 2010. So yeah, I have experience in this field, and Top Speed 3 misses the mark on a lot of points. I'm not saying people's ideas aren't good, I'm saying, don't use TS3 as a benchmark of what racing should be, because its not up to the job.

My idea is that you get a whoosh sound in either the left or right ear, the intensity of the whoosh, so like length, depth, could indicate curve length or steepness. Once you enter the turn, you could have either a solid tone, or a pulsating tone which represents the apex of your turn. Your job is to keep the apex centered, and when you hit that, it goes behind you and lowers in pitch and fades away at the end.