Re: Minefield concept demo

I did manage to beat the game once, out of about 20 plays, which means it's definitely too hard. Possible discussion points below:
1 unavoidable arrows from the brans. This general concept is a huge turnoff for many gamers. We really hate having enemies that we can literally do nothing about. You can't run from, duck, block or otherwise stop the arrows from hitting you and you can't kill, trap, or wait out the brans. At least you can outrun them.
2 The items do more harm than good. Usually you get something that spawns another mine, spawns another sediment, spawns 2 sediments, spawns 5 sediments, or speeds up the sediment in some way. I have also noticed that if you get a random sediment modifier thing, it's more likely to speed the sediment up than slow it down. And it can speed the sediment up to double the speed that it was before. That is simply outrageous, and a single item shouldn't do that. I've even contemplated playing through the game only picking up items till I get enough healthy outlaws and speed boosts to survive the time, then just avoiding items because they're simply too risky. Probably should fix that
3 trapping: it's really, really hard to trap anything. I did manage to trap something, purely by accident. I think you should be able to trap brans though.
4 The boss: When I played the boss level I didn't even get to see him. I just gathered my points and cleared out
5 The minigame: Can you at least tell us how many doors we destroyed?
6 achievements: It's pretty easy to see you were fairly desperate for achievements, as there's an achievement for doing, literally, everything. That's not how achievements should work, imho. You should get them for continued playing of the game more. Get killed by 5 brans. Get killed  by 20 brans. Get stomped by 5 sediments. 20 sediments. 100 sediments. Pick up 50 items. 200 items, 1000 items, etc. But that's not really something bad about the game. Just something to make people want to play more.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : liseo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sediment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector