Re: Monthly chat April 2019

hi and thanks for the reply and the recommendations!
I'll create a separate topic. I just asked here to be sure if it would pass since I was unsure if you guys got 10 of those a week!

Ah, the Brexit thingy is as humorous as it's utterly depressing. Maybe you guys will join some sort of companionship with us since Norway never have been a part of the EU? We have a sweet deal though, and the EU have implied that you guys are not going to get that same privilege if you actually go through with it. That's unfortunately what we get when old white men scared of those "brown people" are dictating how society aught to work, and I haven't mentioned the fact that their worldview mostly are based on kneejerk reactions and outdated thinking to begin with.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your situation man, that's bureaucracy at its worst right there! I'm assuming she's American based on your earlier writings? I've heard of Americans that have faced similar stuff around here as well when finding a Norwegian boyfriend/girlfriend. I hope you'll sort it out!

Haha, after my previous post I read through my post history and it's astounding to see how much my English has improved since then. I knew it was worse, but some of it was textbook Engrish and it was really apparent that I was a kid and not an adult. Brought back some memories though!

Other than that I've been on a reading binge lately and read Irvine Welsh's Trainspotting in English (I read it in Norwegian back in 2015) but wanted to read the real deal, so to say. It was challenging in a positive way to read it narrated in Scots for the most part since I had to concentrate to understand it. It turned out fine though since I generally have a knack for understanding accents and dialects, if I should say so myself :d

Other than that I plowed through Hunter S. Thompson's The rum diary and am going for some of his other work next. Don't know why I haven't checked him out earlier since it sure was right up my alley!

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shin_Goenitz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shin_Goenitz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shin_Goenitz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shin_Goenitz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shin_Goenitz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shin_Goenitz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector