Re: Last season of game of thrones audio described

so, here's all the info I have regarding GOT audio description that I've managed to collect over the years. I don't know how accurate it is, most of it should be true, some of it could be plain lies. I've only heard the info from various people and have no way of verifying it myself, so feel free to correct me.

So, apparently, the audio description of GOT comes from the UK, not the US. HBO, which is the creator and US distributor of GOT, apparently has a policy of not creating audio description at all. Hovewer, HBO apparently does not exist at all in the UK. However, they've signed a deal with Sky, a british broadcasting company, that lets Sky broadcast GOT in the UK. Apparently it's Sky that prepares the description, not HBO. So, the only way to get at the original source of the audio description is to get access to Sky. I've also heard that, for obvious reasons, they don't get early access to GOT episodes and are unable to prepare the audio description beforehand and it's only available for the second and subsequent times it airs. Apparently if you watch it for the first time, just after it comes out, you may not get AD at all, that might be why the episodes come with a delay.

As I've said, those are all just rumours, not sure how many of them is true. I'm not british and have no way of checking myself, any corrections would be appreciated.