Re: embarrassed to hold the white cane

I'm almost out of high school. I need to push through these 1 and a half months. I've heard people aren't much more mature in college, but that's freshmen. So hopefully I won't get the same idiots I do in high school. And in the community, I'm nervous to make mistakes and even more nervous to laugh them off and even more nervous to ask for help. Problem is people assume what I need help with, they don't know how to ask for help and then shut up so I can tell them what I need help with if I say yes So I'm going to have to learn how to ask for help and make sure they know how I need help so when they do assume I can correct them. But this stuff isn't easy! And I don't go out much because no one will hang out with me, either too busy, they don't hang out with anyone, or they already have a group of friends. So I rarely want to go out since I am alone.