Re: Accessible Sound Design - First Lesson Up, Interaction Ending 13/4

@169 I'm really glad you said that - that's exactly what we want to accomplish here.
I respect that a lot of you have a working knowledge of this stuff so you can tinker and achieve what you want.

What I want to achieve for you is that you can be sitting on your couch, building a sound effect in your head, thinking "Okay I need a blunt weapon attack. That will start with a short whooshy swing, maybe with a bit of the mids raised 3db or so and the highs nice and swishy, and for an impact I'll find or record punching a ham, maybe even with a very short bass drum sweetener with all the highs EQ'd out, and I might also add a nice snapping celery stalk that I record or find online, with lots of crunchy transients to simulate bone breaking. I might even find a nice squishing fruit sound, like a tomato, to add to give it just a tiny bit more authenticity. I'll compress everything on the impact sound with a sharp knee and parallel compression filter and EQ as needed."

The better you get at this stuff the more of the work is done in your head, as opposed to tweaking and discovering. It will soon switch from discovery to planning and executing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Che via Audiogames-reflector