Re: Exotic foods from around the world that you like or eat?

Funny to think of rabbit as an exotic thing. Though not as common in Britain as it used to be, you still get it occasionally, indeed our local butcher makes rabbit pies, which my lady and I have on a semi regular basis.
I was also surprised when I was in the states how little people over there had Indian or Arabic food, since in Britain I grew up with both, and these days curries, kebabs and Kofta are all common items over here, as well as Japanese Raman, Chinese dimsum and mexican food, plus the more standard fish and chips. the bigger problem is more one of quality, especially when you get into some of the less savory types of local takeaways.

I admit I have a bit of a texture problem with a lot of soft fruit and certain raw vegetables like tomatoes, which limits a few of the more exotic thing I can have, kiwi fruit is out for example, however I do try to try different things when I get the chance.

Some more unusual things I have tried include:
Zebra (our local pub used to  do amazing zebra meatballs), Kangaroo (a bit disappointing), frogs legs (absolutely lovely), Escargot, that is snails in shells (very nice if you like shellfish, not if you don't), ducks tongues (quite unusual and not my favourite), Squirrel (tastes rather like Liver), squid ink rizotto, more unusual for how it looked than how it tasted, deep fried ravioli nachos, which was wonderfully weird and quite nice, chicken feet, (which I was not keen on), tempora battered celery, which was really good, and even deep fried mars bars or snickers, which are sort of lik a heart attack waiting to happen big_smile.

I'm also quite keen on actual game birds, pheasant is one of my favourite roasts, and my family have had goose for Christmas several times which is nice.