Re: Crazy party.

Ambs1985, I will do my best to help you out over Twitter.

While it's great that you can join any public server, you may not always want to do this. What if you and your buddies want to play privately, but none of you can port forward? You're out of luck at that point.

I was thinking about this earlier when I tried and failed to help someone port forward. Why not take the existing network code for servers and find a way to integrate it into its own standalone program? This is probably easier said than done and might take a while, but I'm willing to wait.

I've discovered that you can enable spectator mode and allow other players to play while you sit there and host the server. Why couldn't the server program do this? You'd have to figure out a way for the game creator on the server to choose the mode and find a way to actually start when everyone was ready, but it would make it so much easier! If one server is the best idea, I'm more than willing to host the official Crazy Party central server. Just modify the program to point at my server when choosing an option like connect to official central server.