Re: Harsher action for copy paste

Hello,
I admit, the idea of a separate category for game remakes did not occur to me.
I admit this post, rarely for me, was posted out of pure frustration after I read a new release that went along the lines of: I'm releasing this, it's not new, I've just copied this, changed one or two sounds, and put it under a new name.
Interestingly, having given the idea a day or two to sit in my mind, I realised actually, I don't care as much as post 1 says, and this topic was written out of pure fustration and a want for something to be done.

Edit:
I note in the above posts people going on about source code steeling. To be specific, my concern is not where bob copies the get_object function from Jim's game, my concern is where James releases a game called x, and then Jim comes along, swaps out the sounds, and says its a new game.
HTH

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector