Re: branble takes a walk through the morning bramble bushes

I will start off by saying that from the recordings/demos, I've actually quite liked this concept. In fact, my next podcast will probably be a side-by-side comparison of Bramble and Scramble, to see how they differ / are similar, etc.
However, and this is the only part that slightly bugs me: the name. A bramble is a thorny shrub or vine. This game does not have anything to do with navigating, removing, or otherwise dealing with harsh vegetation. It is therefore obvious to me that the name Bramble is an obvious rip on the name Scramble... and that does bother me a bit because it's like "Oh... know that game Scramble? Let's make a similar game to it (but not too similar...), oh and let's call it... Bramble! Mwahahahaha!"
-So I could make a zombie shooter with several differences, and call it Stwamp since I'm Stevo and it's like Swamp.
-Or a PVP called Red Square, only that it doesn't have claymores or bullet bombs and there are AI enemies on the map and bases are more than 1 tile wide on the map and... oh yeah we use metal to build them.
-Or an arcade crazy party type called oh damn, but where mosquitoes actually fly and dive bomb you. Come on Sam, why do mosquitoes walk on the ground anyway? big_smile
-Or how about an rpg called Echos of Stevia? Sorry, I just had to.
big_smile I'm not actually mad you guys. I'm not claiming that Bramble is copying off of my ideas. In fact, I'm glad that my idea has sparked hopefully another type of game or rather an augmentation on another that could perhaps be a little better. I'm still going to release Scramble as planned. Bran did not take my source code or my game name fully, so it's all good. Most of that above was humor, though it did illustrate why I am at least a little bothered with the name choice because it's so blatantly obvious. Come on, everyone can tell it is.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sediment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : deathtime via Audiogames-reflector