Re: Pokémon Crystal Access

@Pika-san: Did something break when using a cheat code? I'll post the instruction if Fredd is still interested.
Using a code should normally be fine, but I recommand you do at least save your game, or do a save-state or both before entering a code. When your game is loaded, go to the cheat menu, and select the option that says "view cheat list". Press Tab until you find the "add gameshark button". There are two edit box, the first one is to enter a description of the code and the other is to enter the code itself, though it might be the reverse, but if the code isn't valid the emulator will flash an error anyway.
Pretty easy from there, and simply go back to the cheat list and press the "disable all button" when you are done with the cheats. I would also do it each time before I save, just in case, but it may not have an impact. You can also save that cheat list in .clt format so you don't have to enter codes each time.
Simply remember, if you are using the cheat to walk through walls in Pokemon Crystal for example, you have to make sure you don't go beyond the edges of the map, otherwise the game will severely break, you should here it. In the scenario of using this code, make a save-state before proceeding and reload if it breaks. If you follow what the path finder indicates to you for finding an exit for example, you should stay in the map. Sometimes you have to disable that code a few steps before exiting, or the map won't be exited correctly and the game will break.
I hope I could help.