Re: branble takes a walk through the morning bramble bushes

And guys, I'll clarify once again that I have no problem what soever with him creating a game similar to Scramble. I've played it and heard demos now and I can definitively state that aside from a couple things with the same names, the fact that you move around and can jump, the fact that you get items, and the fact that there are powerups, the concepts differ from there. I won't even include achievements and stats in that list since every arcade audio game and its mom has those features implemented. I have no problem with the game play. I have no problem that it was released now because Sediment's right - technically, he heard my game idea and decided to release something inspired by it, when he felt it was ready to release. Orial was valid in his concern that I haven't been working on Scramble, because I have given no release date and I haven't told anyone aside from my testers and friends how close to completion it is, so that's all he has to go on. So yeah, I figured I'd get those things out of the way.
As for the name thing, here's why I have a problem with it, and I hope it will clear things up.

Someone brought up ah hell and ah damn it. Yes. Those are both crazy party themed arcade titles with obviously similarly themed names as oh shit. However, Sam and Carter created them, both asking... "Hey dude. I know that you just released Oh Shit... and I was wondering if I could make a game called (game name), or would that bother you?" I told them yes they could, and we were all going to create a package with all three of those games and make it kind of a collab sort of thing. We didn't though because Carter said oh hell to ah hell, and quit working on it. big_smile Sam released his though.
But here's another thing about those games. Oh Shit, Ah Damn It, and Ah Hell, those were also 3 similarly themed but differently featured games whose goal was to pis off the player as much as possible. That's why I called it Oh Shit in the first place.
However, Scramble? That was called as such because of my original vision of the game - scramble to get as many items and avoid as much as possible before the pit swallows you whole. Fight against an ever decreasing amount of time to scramble... and get the highest score possible.
But Branble did even less to conceal its similarity and obvious taking-after of Scramble than ah hell and ah damn it did of Oh Shit. All he did was replace a few letters in the game name. Just take the SC, turn it into BR, and take the M and it becomes an N. There ya go. The name is a complete rip on the name Scramble.
So you see, it's not one of those "illegal" things to do. It's technically not stealing. It's just one of those low, kind of slimy things that personally, my morals would prevent me from doing. I won't argue that it be changed on my demand or claim rights to the game name like I have some kind of patent for it, but as an equal forum user on a level playingfield I will come forth and express my displeasure. That's all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wightfall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector