Re: Fucking college board does me fucking wrong

On the calculator issue, in Britain when I was taking GCSE maths back in the mid nineties, there were specific exams that you were or were not allowed a calculator for, and that was true for everyone. I had no problem with the talking calculator when required, though usually liked Dardar I tended to be better at mental arithmetic anyway, particularly because a lot of  material that required calculators also tended to revolve around graphs, charts and representations, and I was never very good at those, I'd always rather just juggle numbers in me noggin ;D.

When I did A level   that is advanced level Biology and psychology in the early two thousands (the exams whose marks got you into uni), , a calculator was required, for calculating things like standard deviation on tests and again, there was no quibbling over makes or anything, particularly since in those subjects the calculations were at best tangential to the answers , EG you'd be required to calculate total energy at different stages of an ecological food chain, then plot a graph, then decide whether the graph was or was not showing a discrepancy in the max energy to bio mass at each level of the food chain.