Re: Realtech soundcards not audo rooting to headphones.

I just had this issue last week. If you can, try this:

  1. Go to Device Manager

  2. Navigate to and expand Sound, video and game controllers

  3. Navigate and right-click (or Shift+F10) on Realtek Audio and select Update Driver

  4. Select Browse my computer for driver software

  5. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

  6. Arrow to High Definition Audio Device

  7. Select Next (it'll give you a warning about incompatible hardware blah blah blah. Select yes to continue)

  8. Reboot and test it out

If you want to change it back, just do the same thing as above, but reverse the names.
I imagine you'd need elevated privileges to do this. Sorry you have to deal with the subjugated nature of school equipment access.