Re: Why do so many blindies bash android?

I do not hate android and would be interested to try an android device just for the sake of experience, neither do I think Apple is god (people know my opinion of Itunes).

However, one stumbling block for me with Android, is always "so what would I do with it?"

I don't doubt there are people out there who use android phones/tablets for the stuff I use Ios for, phone calls, emails, browsing on the go etc, which is fair enough. However, given I can already do all of those things very easily on my Iphone, why would i take the money and time and trouble to buy, learn and/possibly need to customise another device.

of course, if  my Iphone broke tomorrow and I couldn't afford a new one, Android's lower price tag would make a difference no doubt, but given I already have an Iphone I just wonder what is unique about Android, what stuff Android does that Ios doesn't, what aps are uniquely out for Android that aren't out on Ios.

Back when I bought my Iphone 5 in 2012, I didn't even consider Android. Ios was an attractive platform because of the massive quantity of aps and games and what not available.

While undoubtedly there is more stuff available now, plus obviously increased accessibility, at the same time, it still seems the lion's share of games and interesting aps that one hears about are out for Ios.

Oh there are exceptions of course, the  crimson cult rpg sounded very cool and I hear good things about Google assistant, especially compared to the mess that is Siri, but it still seems that basically those are isolated instances, rather than the ongoing trend on Ios.

this isn't intended as a bash or an "ios is better" conversation, just to ask those who use Android, especially those who have used  both mobile platforms, what particularly unique things does android do?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector