Re: Goodbye Windows XP, i still get nistalgic over you.

I think Longhorn is a future project, already pushed back a few times. There's no telling. I haven't heard the sounds though.

I remember NT's startup sound. It was kinda techno. Quite cool. A shame Microsloth kept coming back to piano. Like, how tragically conventional. Win95 had piano, forcrissake.

But my fave sounds remain those of OS/2 3 and OS/2 Warp 4. So cheerful and impudent, were they! smile KDE also has a nice startup and shutdown sound, too.