Re: Why do so many blindies bash android?

ross wrote:

@47

Not being able to text without using dictation or a keyboard is honestly a dealbreaker for me TBH. My job requires me to constantly be traveling and communicating with others.

I think typing has been extensively discussed

I have never typed in an iPhone, so have absolutely no idea what the process is like. But i doubt  it is faster than voice dictation (which I have learned to use discreetly by the way)
it is very accurate most of the time, responds well to background noise, you can use it with a close mic to you such as a headset one, and it is really up to you if you want to not give away context so you can keep your messages private. Of course, I never text on the phone for anything too serious anyway, and when something is really meant to be private I just use a headphone and the onScreen keyboard, its predictions are also very good and it does help when speeding up entry. The switch is really not bad, but for me it had a very strong psychological implication--in other words I simply dreaded not having a physical keyboard. But slowly and at last, mostly due to pressure from needing a replacement phone fast and not living in the U.s., I moved away from buying some of the few current phones with physical keyboards like the blackberry key2, which is meant for, and targets the productivity sector, so you might wish to dive into that. Samsung also sells some keyboard covers which you can make part of your phone so no need to carry around anything extra.