Re: Cloning games, how much?

I think it has something to do with the fact that Pokemon is mainstream. There are loads of clones of mainstream games, by both this comunity and by other indi developers. I'm not a main stream gamer so I can't speak first hand but I've heard that cloning games, that is making games with similar ideas or even exact ideas isn't uncommon. But this community is so small that when a game is cloned in this community from a game that was created in this community, people will more likely rage because here everything is so tight net. I'm sure there are people who rage about mainstream clones as well. But we never hear about it because that community is made up of thousands of forums among absolutely millions and millions of people. We're just 1 website. Another example is anyaudio. You really think youtube is actually truly more clean than anyaudio? I promise you it's not. Honestly if you go looking it probably makes anyaudio look like a calm caring platform. But the youtube community is so massive that enough good videos get posted that the bad ones get ignored. Think of it like this way. If you drop a rock into the ocean, nothing happens. If you drop a rock into a small puddle, the entire puddle shifts and splashes. We are the puddle. The mainstream community is the ocean.