Re: Any amatuer/ham operators out there?

I hope to get the Kenwood ThD74A as well.
I've also been looking at building my own little ham shack out of brick and mortar, and possibly using a generator for emergency radio operation.
I heard that D* wasn't entirely accessible. I don't know about DMR or other means of digital audio radio.
I do have the Echolink app on my phone and installed on my computer.