Re: what are your favorite accessible android apps?

F-Droid, the store I get most of my apps from. It only contains open source apps. Most of the links below will be for apps from it, but there're still quite a few gems in there that I won't mention, so feel free to install it and explore!
https://f-droid.org/en/
Yalp Store, the app I use for getting Google Play Store apps without using it. That way I can update system apps and the few apps I've got that aren't from F-Droid without needing a Google account. I'm still connecting to Google, of course, but it's much more private.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.git … yalpstore/
Blokada, a simple, fast and efficient ad-blocker that doesn't require root. Since it can't edit the hosts file (you need root for that), all connections have to pass through it so it can stop the ones in the blacklist. Android recognizes it as a VPN, but it is not one. Pretty sure you can't use it together with a VPN because of that, though.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.blokada.alarm/
Fennec F-droid, basically just Firefox, but with a few proprietary things removed. Firefox's my favorite browser, since it works well, is accessible, and there're many privacy add-ons and about:config tweaks you can customize it with.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.moz … ec_fdroid/
Gentle Alarm, one of thew Play Store apps I use. I tried finding an open source alternative, but the ones I tried either weren't accessible, or had barely any features. My favorite thing about this app is that it can shuffle my music collection, so I wake up to a different favorite song each day. Very awesome!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en
NewPipe, a more private way to watch YouTube videos. It's accessible for the most part, but there're a few unlabeled buttons. My favorite feature is being able to subscribe to channels without a Google account.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.schabi.newpipe/
RadioDroid, a large collection of internet radios. It's got only a few unlabeled buttons, and those are easy to figure out. The list of tags is very long, so finding the station you want to listen to can be a pain. But if you already know the name, you can just use the search feature.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.pro … diodroid2/
Total Commander, a file manager that's full of features but still simple to use. It's the most accessible file manager app I've found so far, and works very well.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en
Tusky, a simple and fast Mastodon client. Mastodon's a social network that's somewhat similar to Twitter, but much less awful. It's very accessible and privacy friendly. Instead of joining the main site, like you do with more popular social networks, you choose an instance that's focused on a topic you're interested in. But which instance you choose doesn't actually matter that much, since you can follow people from all other instances, as well as other social networks in the Fediverse, like Friendica (similar to Facebook) or PeerTube (similar to YouTube).
Wait ... I got distracted, didn't I? This's supposed to be about apps! smile
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.key … ace.tusky/
Units, a simple unit converter. One of those apps that I don't use often, but keep around just in case.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/info.st … oid.units/
Vanilla Music, a music player with a decent amount of features. It has the features that I find most important, like browsing and playing by folders and being able to pause and switch through songs using a notification, as well as some less important but useful ones, like turning the music off when headphones are disconnected. The search and menu buttons aren't labeled, but it's not hard to remember which's which. One thing that does annoy me is that the shuffle and repeat buttons don't tell you what they're set to, not even when you press them. But over all, it's a great open source replacement to Pulsar.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/ch.blin … d.vanilla/
I'm sure I've forgotten a few of them, but this list's long enough as it is. I might have too many apps. smile