Re: frightened by the sounds of games

I used to intensely dislike the sound of the snuffle hog in the original Papa Sangre when it attacked you. The way it rips you apart...just ugh. Didn't precisely scare me, though it's quite loud and overdone, so it's a bit of a jump scare.
In Papa Sangre 2, the underwater level and the second house-fire level both apparently make me breathe faster. A previous partner I had said I sounded scared when playing those levels. Both tie into fears I already possess, such as drowning and fire (though I love to swim, so go figure).

Other than that...not much really, at least not in audio games.

In the Wheel of Time RPG, made almost twenty years ago, there's a level where you play in Shadar Logoth, and one of the elements of that environment is a deadly fog called Mashadar. This fog, in the game I mean, tends to hiss and whisper as it moves, and sometimes you can't see it or don't know where it is. The environment itself is otherwise fairly quiet unless you're being attacked, so both my sighted friend and I got creeped out by that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector