Re: scary stories you grew up on when you were young?

We Lanna people have this thing with elders who come up with scarry ghost stuff to prevent children from stepping over dust holes in a wooden house with raised floor, or prevent children from playing in the dark or go out of bed when they're suppose to sleep. My grandma had a ghost named "presentor" (the name is translated) under her bed. It's not a myth, but rather something grandma came up with to urge me to quickly climb on the bed and don't mess with the things under the bed because it's really dusty in there. The name presentor was gotten from when she watched a tv show or something and there was a part that said "*** presents, the name of the show". She wasn't good at speaking standard central Thai at all, but had enough knowledge to make fun of it by taking a word from the language and made it her ghost's name. She even came up with a super weird story about how it came to be under her bed in the first place. The story was helarious. I stopped being scared of it when she wanted me to crawl under the bed to get leaves she stored in there for her. I was 9 at that time.