Re: Accessible Sound Design by Ebon Sky Studios - Third Lesson Up

UltraLeetJ wrote:
daisyalesoundworks wrote:

ReaComp has the ability to mix both signals simultaneously.

And so would any other compressor that reaper uses, too.
This was not very clear in the audio, but you and others might wish to note it for future reference.
In a nutshell thanks to the dry and wet sliders that reaper adds to every single effect we have access in parallel to both signals, all the time. SO it does not matter if it is reaComp, or waves c6, or whatever else. Hence why I had said such things are most likely achieved easier using reaper. This might explain why sometimes the compression effect or other things you apply might not be that noticeable at first--you would need to turn the dry signal completely off, or set it to minus infinity, so that you would have just the output of the compressor and nothing else. This is why its also better to work with sends and buses when more tracks and so on are involved, because you can then choose exactly how much of an effect you want applied without affecting the others--you might even pan the output of the fx differently, or boost something but only do it on the output of the effect (a bit of highs for instance) to give more impact to a glass breaking, and so on.

I'll say it again.

You're splitting hairs. I said we have a parallel compression going on through both faders.

You said no.

I elaborated and said, yes, in fact we do.

Then, you elaborated on the capability of both wet and dry signal.

Let's move on, shall we?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Che via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector