Re: Accessing the internal disk of Digital Book Players

That explains why downloads are so slow. If they're running as background processes and the CPU isn't great to begin with, woah! Now I want to write to Humanware asking about the specs. I suppose the worst that can happen is they tell me they won't release that information. Still, I'm curious.

I'm not buying anymore products from Humanware. They don't update their devices and make the hardware reach its full potential. Look at all those BrailleNote Touch owners who are essentially told "You're screwed unless you pay up for the new model.". The second gen Stream may not necessarily have a huge amount of processing power, but they can't add a few more interesting Wi-Fi features that shouldn't use very much processing power?

I didn't think you would get source code from Humanware. That would be dumb if they did something like that. Out of curiosity, do you know how many people work on the software? Do the Stream and Trek share a common code base?