Re: bitwise operators

Thanks guys! I was actually about to abandon this concept for now as it was a bit more complicated than what I have worked with so far, since I had no idea about its use and that gave me little incentive to bother with it. Although some of what you guys have wrote are too advanced for me at this stage to make complete sense of, but at the same time, you have given me a lot of things to look up, take note of for later, and/or look forward to smile .
A couple more questions (I have a feeling that they will be far from my last questions):
kaigoku mentioned truth tables to work with for  practicing  the use of those operators, and I have seen other people refer to them as well while explaining logical operations and such. I have tried to look it up, but I haven't been able to grasp the making of it so far, not sure if it's because of the inaccessibility of the way they are represented, or i'm to blame myself sad . So is there any specific resource or way with which the construction of truth tables can be made/learned easier?

also, Could you refer me to or give me a very simple practical example of how the bitwise operators can be used to do arithmetic operations or any other operation which is easy to understand for a newbie? Code example I mean.
Thanks again for bearing with my noob questions smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : goran via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : goran via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : goran via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector