Re: An idea I have, wanting some input on possible success

At the moment I'm at a bit of an impasse. The game text is stored in XML files, which is theoretically easy to read, but I'm not sure of how to get at the current menu selection. We can't do it from the internal scripting language, so the only other choices I can see are modifying the game's source code, or some kind of reverse engineering to figure out how the text is displayed and vocalizing that way.

I just thought of a third approach, we could write some kind of add-on for NVDA which would improve the OCR so it focuses on text of a specific highlight color. This is probably possible but I don't know how difficult it would be.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector