Re: Just a Quick note

Jayde wrote:

I haven't changed much in the six months I've been a mod. My desire to hunt down the truth is as it ever was - in other words, tireless - and my tendency to chase is still very much in evidence. I am capable of weighing many viewpoints, and while I have definitely made mistakes, I've owned them without reservation. I'm not perfect, and I'm not going to try and kid anyone about that.

You're right, you haven't changed much.  Your post pretty much follows the same formula as the ones I remember from back then.  You praise yourself as some sort of detective who seeks truth, do a little hand-waving to past mistakes, and then go on about a general complaint such as "character assassination" or "back biting".  I guess we all have our winning formula.

Of course my post was a small jab in your direction.  When you said you "don't appreciate being linked to Lori/Walter, to cover-ups, to corruption", I wanted to make sure my post pointed out the bullsh*t there.  I assumed you'd just leave it be, but not only did you respond, you are jabbing right back.  It sounds like you're either pushing because you don't think I'll do another "tell-all", or because you're daring me to.  I can't really figure out which is the case.

I have no desire to damage this forum with more drama, but seeing some self-righteous person praise himself is no picnic.  You know good and well that I view you as corrupt after how things went down.  Even though you Seemed (and I'll stress the word Seemed) to have cared about truth at the very end doesn't change your actions leading up to it.

When I was still on the mod team and we were voting on how to handle the Walter/Lori situation, surprise surprise, a new mod (Jayde) was added in a hurry and voted against me.  That was the tie breaker and it was decided to move forward without any punishment, condemnation, or even word to the community about the abuse of power that was central to the situation.  Keep everything quiet, so no one popular would tarnish their reputation, just as had been done each time in the past the Walter/Lori situation was addressed.

We all know what happened next, I quit the team and told the community what had happened so it wouldn't be buried again.

When I was no longer a mod, I exchanged many emails with Jayde where I was basically grilled for being the trouble maker.  None of that was anything unexpected, until he admitted that after he joined the mod team, he voted against me without having ever read any of the arguments or evidence surrounding the situation.  The mod list archives every message posted, and any of us could read back through everything to make sure we knew what was going on.

Ever since the Walter/Lori situation first started, mods kept bending over backward to not talk about what happened.  No one wanted to speak against the forum's king, and I was ignored or shut down each time I ever complained about what was happening.  When you Jayde, suddenly join the mod team in the middle of a heated issue, vote to continue keeping things under the rug, and then admit you did so without even Bothering to read what the vote was about... you're just another in a long f*cking line of crooked people.  You and the others are no different.

Even if you started caring about truth sometime between then and now, you were still the final straw that pushed things into the bad situation that came out of all that.  You weren't the one piling up the firewood, but you corruptly decided the vote that sparked the fire.  I'd already told the mod team what I would do if the whole issue was buried again, and I wasn't bluffing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector