Re: SoniFight - Day of the Tentacle config update

Another thought I had was about regions within maps - let's give this a shot as simply as possible.

When you start the game Doom (the original game, from way back when) - you start in a region with a few pillars and some water.

Let's draw a box around this small region and call it "start".

If you go forward a little and then left you end up in a region with two pillars either side and some stairs going up to green armour. Let's draw a box around this region and call it "start-left"

From the start, if you go forward and to the right, there's a door which you need to open to reach 1 or more enemies. Forward from which there's a U-shaped block that you would run into if you ran straight ahead, and escaping the 'U' to the right moves on to the next section (which we don't care about for now). Drawing a block around this section allows us to call it "start-right".

So we have the regions "start", "start-left", and "start-right".

Starting from our spawn point ("start") we could go to the left and it would be possible to announce "start-left", or going to the right it would be possible to announce "start-right" as we entered each area defined by a rectangle. If we went from "start-left" to the right then it might announce:  "start. start-right" as we entered each area.

This can also be used to find the regions involved with keys/doors/items. For a specific example involving a key and a door, regions around red keys could be in a region named "Red get", and places using red keys could be named Red door.

Is this making sense? Any suggestions

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector