Re: Games which are quite good in your opinion but got less attention.

Great idea for a topic Pool!

There's Escape Beat, which was an entry in Audio Game Jam two.  It's a solid game with a fun little story and and amusing narrator, which innovates in how it plays where as frankly, most of our own gameplay mechanics are getting pretty stale.
Liam's Playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCt-bEmTaWQ
Download Link
https://gamejolt.com/games/EscapeBeat/291088

There is also Villains From Beyond which got some interest for a short time but never really got the attention it deserved in my opinion.
I really think it's one of our better arcade titles, and holds it's own with genre mainstays like troopinum 2, Judgement Day, world of war, and superdeekout, but brings a lesser used play style and some more complicated mechanisms to the table.
I think the 8bit atmosphere, and the somewhat complecated learning curve (lots of things to remember and a complicated soundscape) really through people off with this game, but once you get it, it all makes sense, and their is another (excellent) soundpack if you don't like the retro style.
It's got some seriously fast paced, think on your feet action, and it's a real challenge as compared to many similar games.

In my opinion, Sonic Invaders, which can be found on the archive right here is still worth playing even now.
Not only does it have a unique setting, but it takes the overused space shooter genre and does some interesting things with it that we don't really see as much now, such as ships that can only be heard intermittently, or those that are very quiet and fast,.  It has all the more advanced ships we see now as well, shooters, warpers, diagonals, shield equipped ETC as well, but since it uses a system that was only really seen in one other short lived game that I know of, using almost the entire bottom row of keys for aiming rather than left and right arrows which is more of a challenge.  It also has a player activated shield system which really keeps you on your toes with blocking and countering, especially at higher levels.
I just love the darkness of the story, the haunting violin music, how nearly every level is significantly different from the last, the creepy voiced lady who does the announcements, and that awesome shield sound.  Brings back memories of playing that game with my dad on big stereo speakers in the mid 2010s.

And I second the suggestion for marina break by Nyanchen AKA Yukio.  It's got tons of modes, a good tutorial, and a physics system that's never been seen in an audio game before.  Just a fun little game in general and I'm surprised so many people forget about it.

Same goes for preludimals, which was also mentioned.  It's a seriously top notch puzzle game with great sounds and allot of levels, but the concept is simple and the controls are good, so beginners can pick it up quite easily.  Plus, it's made by Aprone.

Night of parasite Found Here on the audio games archive is an oldy but a goody, similar to treasure hunt with lots of fast paced action but also some exploration, with an equipment system and a bit of a story.  It also comes with a well written guide, which really helps.

My copy of Legacy can be found at this link and includes a cheat sheet, the PG13 Playthrough, and the radio drama.
It's a somewhat clunky, mostly story driven puzzler and exploration game that woon't be for everyone, but it's not bad and the sounds are pretty great; no wonder considering the BBC made it...

river raiders by what used to be X-sight interactive, a not fully finished but still quite good little arcade game is worth mentioning as well.  You can find it over here.

I'd also suggest trying out  the road of life, and dog who hates toast, and obsessive compulsive, but those aren't for everyone.
imminent death, battle zone remake, parolis hearts, and bloodshed release the pain are all guilty pleasures of mine.

Games that I personally want to get into more are dark defender (not the same thing as dark destroyer) Slenderman lost vision (kinda surprised that any audio isn't full of jumpscare recordings from that) audio strike, Jungle, danger on the wheel, magicblocks, and GMA Lander.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ahng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ahng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector