Re: Blind Myth Hypnosis

I am sorry if I sound ignorant, but I am very skeptical of hypnosis in the first place. I don't even know if the fact that it works has been proven beyond the word of the patient. How do we know that hypnosis works on people because it actually does something to their brain and not because somebody got into a person's head and  convinced them that it will work? Furthermore, if hypnosis truly works and exists, what makes it possible? Social engineering plays on one's emmotions, fears, and vulnerabilities, and it doubtlessly works. We have hard cold evidence that it does, hell I have been on the receiving side of it once, but from what I've seen, people that have undergone hypnosis could not provide indisputable facts that state that the process actually works.