Re: exercise sports fitness resources and equipment for the blind

I'm a cross country skier. I train a lot. But i haven't found a good heart monitor. Does this work with ios as I don't have android. I need to be able to track heartrate zones. My guide isn't able to tell me while skiing as he's skiing ahead of me so its not really possible to see if you just glance back quickly. So I haven't really tried any. And I don't know about any talking monitors that are independent devices that don't require a phone. While running it is easy enough as the guide is beside you more or less, depends on how close you like to be tethered.  But would be good for a treadmil and such as well.