Re: Audio Described Content

The methodology was simple:

1. That thread is full of specific requests. This thread won't be (if it is, this will be dealt with, so please don't do it).
2. That thread is the discussion of the vault's contents. This thread is a discussion of how to spread/talk about the vault off forum, now that we're cracking down.
3. Flackers's original post saying so is still in the other thread, which will begin to sink now that it can't be posted to. Getting it out of easy visibility is not a bad thing.
4. I agree with you. This should have been done months ago.
5. No one is being warned, cautioned or otherwise punished for that thread. The move was sudden, I'll grant you, but extreme? No. You have been aware that we were going to crack down on some of this for weeks now, maybe even a month or two. Today was just the day it happened. It was going to occur, and I'm fairly convinced that no matter how much warning we gave, some people would still howl.
6. All we have really done is stopped discussion of the vault's contents themselves from here on out. We have not yet stopped you discussing an alternative off the forum. That's what this thread is for, and that's why both admins who have chimed in on the subject, myself and Aaron, support what's being done here. But to my way of thinking, at least, this belonged in a separate thread. Why, after all, keep bumping up a thread that has egregious evidence of potential piracy in it? No, I think this is better.

So have on. Discuss away.