Re: preparation regarding copyright

Agreed. I am totally not claiming innocence here. I sat by for a long, long time and just let this go, didn't go chasing it. I let my own personal morals about capitalism and the like cloud my judgment, and that's no Bueno. We all have responsibility to some extent, so this is the step we have to take to make good on what we did wrong. Also also? Yes, I've seen that old argument, the "we have it rough so it's okay to steal" thing, used so many times it sickens me. Because here's the thing. If you're starving, and you steal a loaf of bread or something, then arguably it's keeping you alive, so okay, that is definitely not the same deal. But as far as movies, TV shows, games, audio books (most audio books, some textbooks might be exceptions here, depending on what's going on, and even that's flaky)...you don't -need any of those things to live. You don't get to claim you have it rough, then do whatever the heck you want. It sucks that we have less access, and I'm 100% in favour of changing that however we can. But the answer isn't just to straight-up steal stuff. And even if you, personally speaking, think it's okay, we as a forum can't condone it. We can't have this beast of a topic floating around where people are offering free things that shouldn't be free. Even if it won't get us in insane legal trouble right away (and fine, maybe it won't), it sets a terrible moral precedent. And that, at the end of the day, is really what this comes down to. Moral precedent.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector