Re: Why should I be interested just because its popular?

The driving a car blindfolded gave into the ignorance held by the rest of the world about blindness. It was utterly ridiculous, yet people [apparently] loved it so much that they even tried to imitate it. That's nothing new, though. The world has a rich history of "I wanna imitate something I saw on TV."
I never read the book, but I have heard that Netflix really toned down the horror, especially at the end. I believe they did this to keep their audience connected, though I say if you're watching a horror film, you better be prepared to accept a not-so-happy ending, but I think the whole brand of modern-day horror is essentially garbage, anyways. This is all to bolster the overall point that popularity isn't good, it's just what people like. That's why I've given up on American competitive singing shows like The Voice. This past season really showed me how much Americans are really in favor of rising country artists, and that was clear by three of the four finalists being on Blake Shelton's team. Ultimately, it was the lone wolf on John Legend's team that won, but it is still evidently clear that country music has been receiving lots of attention as of late, and it's the fastest-growing music genre in the U.S., mostly because it was the smallest and least favored for the longest time, lol.