Re: GDE Game Development

I've just made a few fixes to the GDE and PCP. such as cleaned up a few problems with the GDE script feature. for example the script wouldnt let you stop the audio on another object as typing a paramter after the command came up with an error due to the data validation. that and a few other little issus with the script are fixed.

Other bug fixes are:
Incuded a GDE script button for the new game object window as well.
The periodical event fires with the creation event and then begins its cycle, fixed this. If you have a delay of 5 the first periodical event will now fire 5 seconds after creation and then every 5 seconds after that.
Copying an object made a shallow copy of their local variables. meaning if you changed one you would change the other. corrected this.
Made it so debug mode cannot be ran more than once, as shared resources from 2 threads crashes the system.
Also a local variable name duplication error was occuring if it found a match in other game objects. this is also corrected. now it only checks for duplicates in its own list.

I havent managed to replicate Hurstseth's issue yet. but once i do I'll put in a fix. until then be aware that some windows themes cause issues with the dialog boxes opening. I imagine this can happen in other programs as well.

So thats a quick update, has anyone got their teeth into it yet? and feedback would be great, complaints or compliments. I'd love to hear either. thanks a lot guys.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector