Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Snow,

Please contact us using our email form on the web site, give us your gdg user name and any messages you're getting about the account not being activated, and we'll talk to Dentin and make sure this gets straightened out.

Also, your suggestion about labeling fleets was made during beta test.  We had this in our bucket list until late in the process when the beta testers suggested that they didn't think it was necessary after all.  It is definitely something we can easily put back into the mix as a possible update.

Firefly: I understand the frustration with the voice, and can only say that we like using it and refer you to the FAQ for our reasoning.  This is going to be a large turn off for many people, but for now, we're committed to staying with this.

Dark:

Glad you got it working at least on a pro tem basis.

As to your suggestion about first events that's a possibility.  Fleet scattering already gets notified as it's only caused by hazards.  However, point taken, and we'll discuss it.

SLJ:

Thanks for giving it another try.  It is an extremely complex game in some ways.  As I said elsewhere the demo is a good way to show how the game works, but it's not indicative of a full version game.  Lightninng game focuses on colonization, and the fastest way to play it is to buy only colony ships and spread out as fast and as far as possible ignoring enemy ships.

In the regular game, this is a viable solution for about the first 8 or 9 turns, but usually by ten or twelve, the AI has begun finding your forces, and if you haven't been escorting ships, or at least building up defense fleets, things will get hairy very quickly.

One last side note:

There's three places in the documentation where a subset of hot  keys are listed.  A very subpar set imo is the one in quickstart.  That is enough to play, but not much more.  The one in tips and tricks number 17 is much better.  The hot key section itself, while it is long, could be copied, pasted, and cut down to just the ones you want to use a lot.  For us and the betas, we had to get used to hot keys incrementally, and as shown by my unawareness of the extra functionality Aaron had coded for shift a and control a, there's some things that not all of us were using.

Great suggestions, and we appreciate it.  i'll be interested to see the reaction of people who have purchased the full game and completed a full game outside of lightning mode.

Jeremy

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Quasar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector