Re: Explanation of the recent tk topic.

Moderation:

I want to state that no decisions have been made at this time, but the staff team is beginning discussions on whether or not to simply blanket-ban discussions of this game in its entirety from the forum for the foreseeable future.
As is clearly evident to most by now, this game has...let's just politely call it a sordid, messy history and stop right there. It's hard to tell who actually has the rights to say what gets spread around and who does not. The likelihood of legal litigation is slight, but the complications are too numerous to mention. Is person A allowed to release a fork because they got it from source A, while person B, who didn't know their source -wasn't source B, gets punished? It's just a silly tangle that doesn't need to be here.
And so we're thinking about just slamming the door on it.
If this is something we end up doing, I want you folks to understand that we aren't picking on any one person here. It's not about the quality of the game either. It's about all the confusion and practices associated with this game, which seems to get cloned over and over again to enough of an extent that it's becoming a public nuisance. Let this also be a lesson to you: if you are a developer who wants to make a new game, make sure you don't get all tangled in your own release history, and make sure you can stipulate legally binding terms to anyone you might want to sell or give your source code to.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector