Re: quietstream and mousecat, maybe at least one person's solution?

I'm definitely going to bookmark that link, because disabling a touchpad can be a pain depending on the laptop in question, and this will be another useful thing to try.

Ironcross, instead of uninstalling the driver for your mouse, try updating it to something else, such as a hid compatible mouse instead of a ps/2 mouse. This will require you to reboot every time you want to enable or disable it, but at least on my current system, does a very good job shutting it off.