Re: More tools for devs; Unreal engine screenreader support

I'm so excited about this - thank you for posting.

It sounds like this is basic screen reader support to UI elements for anything on the Unreal Engine (the games, I'm guessing, not jsut the Dev tools?)

I had to not try to get too excited after looking over the Wikipedia article on the list of games using the Unreal Engine. Tropico 6 is on the list as an upcoming game using Unreal Engine V4 and Tropico was one of my favorite games to play when I could still see.

The biggest takeaway, though, will be that this just makes the UI readable. As to whether the gameplay will be blind-friendly? That's another story. I am not going to hold my breath on any of the FPS games or something complex like Kingdom Hearts 3 (which is also on the list as using Unreal), as they'd probably have to add in audio targeting/auto-targeting or something else other than just the UI being readable.

Questions I have now, though:
- Would it be relatively easy, once this is out, for games to upgrade to the newer engine version and use these features?
- Is this something we are going to have to just assume will only work with the newer games using the most recent version of the engine? (I have no idea how often games may upgrade these kinds of things or if they just stay with the same engine forever with no way to work on older versions.)
- Will these be "out of the box"/default features once it is no longer experimental? (IE, if someone puts a UI element in ... will it basically work with a screen reader and allow access to name/type, etc., or will the developer need to know to add these features? For an example, a screen reader usually knows that an HTML5 button element is a button without any extra work from a developer to tell a screen reader it is a button. I figure it may be more difficult if the developers have to actively know to add these things, rather than some portions of the UI being "accidentally" accessible based on default settings.)

Either way, I am excited for this, as well as Unity hopefully releasing accessibility, too.