Re: What is the best Linux distributions for the blind?

Vinux went EOL, i.e. no updates, no security patches, nothing at all since 04/19. Ubuntu Mate is easy to use and it is possible to install it with Orca from the live image.

It's the same deal with Accessible Coconut, but my issue with distros made specifically for blind users (which I've expressed before), is they come with a lot of software I don't personally think is useful at all. I don't need, for example in AC, two or three desktops, audio players and so forth. Ubuntu Mate is extremely good in this regard, it comes with what you need to get up and going.

On the Arch side, there's vanilla Arch, there's Jenux or the Free OS Project