Re: Domino's Pizza Petitions Supreme Court Over ADA Compliance

The precedent Domino's is probably worrying about here is "how much is too much?". Now, let me be clear. I don't like it, I don't agree with it and I think it's bullshit, but I think it's a little bit more than just "we don't want to spend a little bit of money". Here's probably what they're thinking. "Customers can use a web app; they can call on the phone; they can download the app to a mobile device and use that. This customer wasn't barred from ordering pizza, and most individuals will have at least one means to access our services. Are we really expected to make every single avenue to access our services accessible to everyone who might possibly want to? What would that mean for a deaf customer trying to use a telephone? Or someone who doesn't actually have a phone and who has limited internet skills trying to use the web interface?"
Again, I don't agree with it. It's lazy, and it's a bit of a backdoor argument, one made in bad faith in my opinion. As a leftist I spit in the faces of arguments like this. My stance is simple: if it's not going to literally break you, and the net worth is that more customers have better ways to access your services, just freaking do it already, whether the courts make you or not. As a prior user in this thread said, the media backlash alone is going to hurt them here, and this isn't something most companies want.

Incidentally, I actually like Domino's, especially their cheesy bread. They used to have these breaded chicken bites (I think they were called buffalo chicken kickers) that I absolutely fucking loved, but they're gone now, at least around here.