Re: a question about manamon moves

Elvond, with a v, not a b. But I think it gets TriBeam and Magic Wave, and that's it. TriBeam's not too bad, though it has an accuracy penalty and sometimes only hits once and is thus stupidly weak. More balance issues. Bleh.

Also...regarding the person who said that it's okay because it's only Nintendo/Aaron was just trying to let people who otherwise wouldn't be able to play pokemon do so?
Uh, no, that is precisely -not what he was trying to do. I could borrow a friend's DS, GBA or whatnot and even straight-up buy a second-hand pokemon game for approximately twenty dollars; Aaron's game costs more than twice that. Aaron also didn't just remake pokemon, though he came awfully close in a lot of ways; he made his own game, with heavy borrowing from a very well-known franchise, in order to fill a niche in the market. If all he'd wanted to do was make an old pokemon game accessible, aka Braillemon, then okay, you have an argument. That is absolutely not what happened though. The instant you borrow this heavily and then start trying to monetize it, you're eding into extremely iffy territory in my books.

If I write a book called The Five Halls of Argentio about a quest of three heroes who meet under unlikely circumstances, travel across the world and invade an enchanted castle, and then a few years later I see that you wrote a book called The Five Rooms of Arcenio with a very similar concept (naming, concepts, story progression, plot arc, even dialogue bits), you'd better believe I'd be pissed. Especially if your work wasn't just fanfiction (I care little about fanfiction, honestly). If you tried ripping off my book, or my piece of music, or my game, or my whatever, and I found out, and it was pretty damn obvious what you were doing, I would first probably ask you to demonetize the project, and then try and seek legal action against you. This is not because I'm a hard-nosed capitalist. I'm quite the opposite. It's because everyone deserves protection, or nobody does. It's just about that simple.

Aaron Baker does not get a free pass just because he scratched everybody's pokemon itch, guys.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector