Re: How to get started coding aplications in python?

@4: although I don't use wxPython to make gui apps and rather use WPF & C# for this purpose, so I don't know many details about wx, but I personally wouldn't be that pessimistic regarding the user interface.
Yes, may be they won't look as perfect as when designed by a sighted person, but basically if you manage to at least prevent components overlapping, the app should be usable.
As i said, I don't know much about wxPython, but I was developing gui applications in Delphi long time ago, using the absolute positioning and it not just worked, but also looked acceptable.

Regarding qt, there were always accessibility problems with it. not just with pyqt, but even with the C++ library (surprisingly smile).
I don't know whose fault it is, but it has never worked properly as far as I remember, lastly I tried few months ago.
On the other hand wxPython worked quite well from what I have tried, for Jaws as well as NVDA.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector