Re: questions about dating and atraction

"Not judging by appearances" ends the moment you can touch the bits you can't hear / smell. The difference is that those things come after all the others, which is more fair, I guess.
But yeah, people I would actually find attractive seem kinda rare. Then again, my access to a sufficient variety of people exists solely in educational contexts, because, even without the Off-resistant mosquitos and heat advisories, the only incentives to go outside hereabouts are "the weather is not too horrible today and Vitamin D supplements are actually weirdly countereffective". Then again again, most people I know who paired off did so in college, or with someone they met in college. Then thrice again, I find the whole subject kinda annoying and would probably take the "tell biology I know where to find knives" approach had biology not planned for this by making informed decisions come with irreversable side-effects.
... Which brings us back to the subject of children, because you know that if I were to go back to the 90s and make myself a candidate for the new Walter Tetly, that's when I'd find someone and decide that maybe I wouldn't be a terrible parent after all.
I also had to look up Walter Tetly's name, and only just now thereby discovered that Sherman had red hair and glasses, which is not at all how I imagined him.

... I have reread this post multiple times and have no idea what it's supposed to be saying. Uh, people don't know what they're talking about where this subject is concerned, and modern anglophone cultures with which I am familiar seem kinda disfunctional about it in many ways? Yeah.